Friday, 22 May 2015

Bus conversations

Bus. Yes it's a public transport. It's also the perfect opportunity to eavesdrop on people's heavy drama series.

Yesterday, as I hopped on the bus and sat in the front..there began a dragged-out conversation between a first year business student and a second year hospitality student.

Although their thick accents were the only sounds you could hear in the bus, there was something huge and emotional in their conversation that really hit me hard.

Here it is:

Boy: I wanna move to New York.
Girl: Why? Is it because she's there?
Boy: No, not that. I've always wanted to go to New York and live there.
Girl: Wow, really? That's ace, man.
Boy: Yeah. Coz (insert location here) will always be me home. I've lived here all my life and I've stopped appreciating it. So I wanna move away for a bit then come back and appreciate it all again.. And be like, oh (insert location here) is so awesome. Why did I ever leave?

The last statement is true. Believe it or not.

I know what he meant because I saw it when I visited my hometown about 2 months ago. 

Philippines is so awesome. Why did I ever leave?

I took a trip down memory lane and remembered how I never, not once in my younger years, appreciated my life back then. I kinda took it for granted. I always thought that everything would stay the same forever. 

But then again, isn't that what most kids think? That they think the world is theirs forever..?!

Anyway, my point is. I guess you gotta go away from home to appreciate it more. 

It's like saying, you gotta have the bad days so you can appreciate the good ones even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment