Yes, today is the 4th of May and it is Star Wars Day (insert John William's opening music here).
Today wasn't my day, though. Firstly, I woke up and drove to Uni early in an attempt to finish my essay. The first three hours were pretty good and I managed to pen down a fraction of my thoughts.
However, when the clock struck one (like, literally -- our building was right next to the clock tower), that was when everything kinda went downhill.
I had a meeting with my fellow journalism classmates about our upcoming presentation. There were three of us in the group and only two had turned up, which wasn't that bad. But still, it wasn't complete. Thus, I had to endure a ten-minute conversation with a guy who showed no interest in our assignment. With his grumpy looks, it was pretty hard for me to get him up on the boat. Plus, he expressed how he hated our lecturer and how he was struggling to find the motivation to finish this semester. That, I can kinda agree with him.
STRIKE: 1
Anyway, moving on..
So after the meeting, I went back to the computer lab, sat down and opened up my essay. I realized that my essay was nowhere to be found. A tight voice echoed in my ear, telling me that I may have accidentally deleted it after I left for my group meeting. I didn't want to believe it at first. But after what seemed like a century of rummaging through folders and documents, I finally come to realize that I did lose it. A mini heart attack stab through my chest and I almost had to plan my funeral for I had just spent three hours writing it.
Luckily, I was able to recover it through the Downloads list.
STRIKE: 2
After my mini heart attack, I went to my PR lecture. It wasn't a huge turnout.
I sat next to my only Filipino friends (Yes, they deserve that label for they are the only ones) and "May the Fourth be with you" was the first thing they uttered as soon as they saw me.
This was our conversation:
---Start---
Friend 1: "May the Fourth be with you, Jodie."
Me: "Ha! It's just a line from a movie. There's nothing special about it."
Friend 1: "Do not underestimate the power for something special is about to happen to you."
Me: Churrr, bro.
---End---
The lecture was painstakingly long. So afterwards, I ran to the bus stop in an attempt to catch the early bus. Nevertheless, with the icy wind and people bobbing and weaving in and out on the street, the notion of running was a challenge. So after I missed the bus, I sat on the park bench and waited for the next one.
Okay, let's cut to the chase.
My longtime crush came and stood beside me. You could never imagine how fast my heart was beating; it was faster than a lightning.
STRIKE: 3
There is something weird and eerie about these things, whatever you call it. Love? Girlfriend? Boyfriend? I don't know. To be honest, I am inexperienced when it comes to things like this one. I don't know what to do. So, it's best I don't do anything because I know I might make a fool of myself, and I would never know what I would do should I end up in that stage.
The bus came and I quickly hopped on it. I chose the back seat in an attempt to avoid him. Turned out, he sat down onto the one opposite me.
We got to the next stop and this girl hopped on next to me. Thank Goodness because at least there was someone who acted as a wall between us.
The next bus stop, the woman in front of me hopped out. Thus, the girl sitting next to me opted to sit in front of me, leaving the two of us behind.
Damn it.
The whole trip was silent and intense.
I had butterflies throughout the bus trip and it sucked. I hated that moment. Yes, I do have a massive crush on him but I am afraid, no, intimidated. No scratch that, frightened of everything!!
So, in the end..I let the the scenery wooshed past me and chose not to budge an inch.
The fourth wasn't with me as I didn't have enough guts to say hi.
So next year,for whatever reason, may the fourth be with me.
++++
What about you guys? What would you do if your longtime crush sits next to you on the bus?
No comments:
Post a Comment